Copaiba Balsam Essential Oil (Copaifera reticulta) is also commonly known as Copaiba. Copaiba Balsam Essential Oil has a mediumâ€strength woody, slightly balsamic, and sweet aroma presenting a base fragrance note.
Copaiba Balsam Essential Oil is part of the Relief, Mood, and Skin Care collections. Use the oil in a diffuser, personal aroma inhaler, or topically. Copaiba Balsam works as a mood stabilizer, helping to calm the mind from everyday ups and downs. The oil also makes a great addition to any beauty regimen. Use it to give skin a youthful, radiant glow while moisturizing and nourishing dry skin and hair. The sweet oil acts as a fixative, stabilizing and strengthening the scents of other essential oils.
The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Neither Rocky Mountain Oils nor its products are intended for the purpose of diagnosing, treating, curing or preventing any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.
Botanical Name: Copaifera reticulata
Country of Origin: Brazil
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Resin
Aroma: Mild, Woodsy
Blends Well With: Frankincense, Lavender, Red Mandarin, Neroli, Rose, Sandalwood
Is your Copaiba thick? Many components play a part in the viscosity (thickness) of an oil. Thicker oils typically come from the resin or root of the tree. Some oils grow thicker and more potent as they age. Because essential oils are extracted from living plants that do not follow an exact chemical formula or an exact growing pattern, each batch of the same oil can vary as well.
If you’re having problems with your oils dropping from the bottle, here are some quick tips:
1. These droppers also work best when held horizontally (to the side) instead of vertically (upside down).
2. Warm the bottle by holding in hands, placing in a bowl of warm water (to prevent damaging the label put the bottle in a ziplock bag before placing in water)
3. Widen the holes on the orifice reducer with a sterile pin
4. Take the orifice reducer off of the bottle and use a pipette.
Sun Prep Formula
Mix all together and store in a dark colored glass bottle. Apply to skin before going out in sun to help protect skin. Use within 2 months.
Put all ingredients in a dark colored glass bottle. Shake well before every use. You can follow it with Jojoba oil or other carrier oil.
Kids Safety: Safe to use topically with children 2 years of age and older. Dilute to a .5-2% dilution rate for topical application.
Practice safe diffusing:
- Diffuse in an open, well-ventilated area.
- Keep children out of the direct line of mist.
- Diffuse in 30-60 minute intervals with ample break periods for safe and effective use.