November 28, 2018
DIY Mason Jar Snowglobes
Winter is beautiful, but the colder temperatures mean that you are spending a lot of time indoors. We are just barely into the winter season, and cabin fever is already starting to settle in. This easy DIY project is the perfect way to get your creative juices flowing with your little ones. This also makes a fun activity at a holiday party!
What you need:
- Mason jar with gasket lid (make sure it has a rubber seal)
- Clear Elmer’s Glue
- Hot Glue + Gun
- Bottlebrush Tree or Other miniature Christmas Decor
- Hot glue the two parts of your mason jar lid together (the ring and the rubber insert).
- Hot glue your tree or other miniatures to the inside of the lid, and let it dry.
- Prepare your water/glue mixture. Pour the entire clear glue bottle into the mason jar. Then add your glitter. You can add as little or as much as you would like.
- Fill the rest of the jar with warm water.
- Flip your lid over, slide the tree/decor into the jar, and seal. You can hot glue it closed if you would like.
- Flip the jar over, and shake gently to combine the water, glue, and glitter.
- Now you have a beautiful, hand-crafted snow globe!