Myrrh Essential Oil (Commiphora myrrha) is also commonly known as African Myrrh, Herabol Myrrh, Somali Myrrhor, and Common Myrrh. Myrrh Essential Oil has a medium-strength rich, balsamic, warm, and earthy aroma presenting a base fragrance note.
We included Myrrh Essential Oil as part of the Rocky Mountain Oils Skin Care and Mood collections. Myrrh oil may provide a slight cooling effect on the skin, and it’s also great to help preserve that youthful glow when applied topically.
Add to a diffuser or aroma inhaler in meditation settings to bring a sense of calm to the mind, while enhancing inner peace. Myrrh is also a wonderful oil to use when you feel emotionally stuck.
The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Neither Rocky Mountain Oils nor its products are intended for the purpose of diagnosing, treating, curing or preventing any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.
Botanical Name: Commiphora myrrha
Country of Origin: Somalia
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Resin
Aroma: Woodsy, Earthy
Consistency: Medium to Thick
Blends Well With: Cedarwood, Cucumber Seed, Frankincense, Lavender, Neroli, Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang
1. These droppers also work best when held horizontally (to the side) instead of vertically (upside down).
2. Warm the bottle by holding in hands, placing in a bowl of warm water (to prevent damaging the label put the bottle in a ziplock bag before placing in water)
3. Widen the holes on the orifice reducer with a sterile pin
4. Take the orifice reducer off of the bottle and use a pipette.
Combine all ingredients except the Myrrh in a double boiler. Heat gently until melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir for a minute and add Myrrh while stirring. Put in a clean container. Close when completely cool. Label and keep out of the light. Massage a small amount into nails and cuticles 3 times a week.
Fountain of Youth Moisturizer
Store formula in a dark colored, glass bottle. Use on skin every night after your cleansing routine.
Dilution before applying topically.Click here for dilution rates.
Kids Safety: Safe to use topically with children 2 years of age and older. Dilute to a .5-2% dilution rate for topical application.
Practice safe diffusing:
- Diffuse in an open, well-ventilated area.
- Keep children out of the direct line of mist.
- Diffuse in 30-60 minute intervals with ample break periods for safe and effective use.