Fennel Seed Essential Oil - Fennel Oil
With herbaceous, peppery, and slightly sweet scent that calls to mind black licorice or star anise, Fennel Seed Essential Oil benefits the digestive system, helps balance hormones, promotes better respiratory health, regulates blood sugar, and more.
Steam distilled from the seeds of the Foeniculum Vulgare plant, common Fennel Seed Oil uses include haircare, skincare, aromatherapy, and more. The aroma of fennel can instantly clear negative energy and promote a sense of relaxation and stability. Its natural antiseptic properties make Fennel Seed Essential Oil a perfect choice for DIY soaps, detergents, and deodorizers.
When properly diluted in a carrier oil, Fennel Seed Essential Oil can be applied topically as a natural toner and first-aid salve. Its astringent qualities make Fennel Seed Essential Oil an excellent cleanser that also moisturizes and may help prevent infection in small cuts and wounds.
Consider using Fennel Essential Oil for alleviating pain associated with chronic inflammation, addressing muscle cramps, and addressing digestive concerns. Fennel Oil may offer relief from conditions such as gas, bloating, PMS symptoms, and constipation. Additionally, it can be safely used to ease tummy aches in children aged 2 and above. Research also indicates potential benefits of Fennel Essential Oil, including its ability to help regulate blood sugar levels in individuals with diabetes and support weight loss efforts.
Benefits & Features
Fennel Seed Essential Oil Uses
- Dilute with a carrier oil and massage onto the abdomen to alleviate stomach aches and cramps, as well as digestive issues like bloating, gas, and constipation. May help regulate blood sugar and promote weight loss.
- Add 2-3 drops to a warm bath with Epsom salt to help balance hormones and relieve symptoms of PMS, including menstrual cramps. Also soothes and relaxes sore, tired muscles.
- Inhale or diffuse to promote better respiratory health. Fennel Essential Oil benefits include medicinal properties that help loosen and expel mucus, acting as a natural expectorant for bronchial illness and sinus congestion.
- Use topically in DIY skincare or beauty products as a natural toner, makeup remover, and exfoliating moisturizer. The antioxidant properties of Fennel Seed Essential Oil also help reduce skin irritation and may reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Blend with a carrier oil or conditioner to make a hydrating hair mask to treat dandruff, scalp irritation, excess oily, and thinning hair. May help restore hair’s thickness and shine while stimulating the growth of new, stronger hair follicles.
- Great for diffusers, room sprays, natural cleaning products, dish soaps and hand soaps, and more. Antimicrobial properties help neutralize bacteria and other germs, while the pleasurable aroma promotes mental clarity, emotional stability, and better focus.
Fennel Seed Essential Oil Recipes
Fennel Seed Oil Tummy Rub
When you or your family experience tummy troubles, try this calming Tummy Rub for natural relief without harsh chemicals or artificial ingredients.
- 1/4 cup Fractionated Coconut Oil (FCO)
- 8-10 drops Fennel Seed Essential Oil
Instructions: Mix oils together, then apply a small amount to the tips of your fingers and gently massage onto your abdominal region in slow circles. Massage as needed for relief from gas, bloating, cramps, or other stomach aches. Repeat as needed until discomfort subsides. Put leftover oil blend in a glass jar or bottle and store in a cool, dark place.
- Botanical Name: Foeniculum Vulgare
- Country of Origin: Hungary/Bulgaria*
- Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
- Plant Part: Seeds
- Aroma: Peppery, Sweet, Black Licorice
- Consistency: Oily Liquid
Popular Fennel Seed Essential Oil Blends: Tummy Rub, Skin Tone, and Revitalize
*Some of our oils have multiple countries of origin. To confirm which country your specific bottle of oil originates from, please consult its GC/MS test at click here.