Cardamom Essential Oil - 15ml
Warm your soul and relax your mind with Cardamom Essential Oil. Also known as True or Green Cardamom, this essential oil is steam distilled from the seeds of the Elettaria cardamomum plant. It presents a warming, spicy-sweet aroma with a middle fragrance note that’s nostalgic and uplifting.
Cardamom is one of the oldest spices in the world and offers a wide range of holistic benefits. Although you may be more familiar with using Cardamom in the kitchen, its essential oil form can be used in home remedies, aromatherapy, skincare, and haircare. Diffusing or inhaling the rich scent of Cardamom Oil promotes better concentration, mental stamina, and memory.
Dilute in a carrier oil and try Cardamom Oil for skin that’s healthier and more youthful, or enjoy the benefits of Cardamom Oil for hair like thicker, glossier locks. Cardamom Essential Oil uses also include better digestion, pain relief and improved circulation. Try making a massage oil or healing balm to use topically and enjoy its anti-inflammatory benefits.
Cardamom is also antimicrobial and antifungal, which makes it an excellent addition to any DIY household cleaner or sanitizer. Use this oil to freshen your space, eliminate odor-causing bacteria, and neutralize germs without harsh chemicals or artificial ingredients.
The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Neither Rocky Mountain Oils nor its products are intended for the purpose of diagnosing, treating, curing or preventing any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.
Benefits & Features
- Blend with a carrier oil such as Jojoba Oil or Fractionated Coconut Oil, then apply topically as a warming massage oil to soothe sore, tired muscles and melt away stress.
- Add 2-3 drops to a warm bath for a rejuvenating soak that calms the mind and restores energy.
- Use in DIY skincare to tone and brighten skin, while reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, and sun damage. Cardamom Oil also helps balance the skin’s natural sebum to control excess oil, heals acne, and reduces redness and irritation.
- Add 1-3 drops to your shampoo or conditioner, or make a homemade scalp serum or hair mask, to promote a healthy scalp, new hair growth, eliminate dandruff, and reduce greasiness.
- Diffuse or use in a room spray to feel more peaceful, enhance mental clarity, and quiet anxious thoughts.
- Apply to the abdomen to provide relief from cramps, stomachaches, gas, and bloating.
- Great for adding a cheerful, warm fragrance to homemade soaps, candles, and more.
- Add to DIY household cleaners and hand sanitizer to utilize Cardamom Oil’s antimicrobial properties and eliminate germs.
Luxuriant Romantic Bath Soak
Indulge the senses and soak your cares away with this luxurious, romantic bath soak recipe using pure essential oils.
Instructions: Mix all ingredients together, then add to a warm bath and soak for 20 - 30 minutes to soothe away stress and relax sore, tired muscles. You can also use this recipe for a sensual message oil.
Safety / Purity
Always dilute in a carrier oil and patch test prior to extensive topical use.
Safe to use topically with children 2 years of age and older. Dilute to a .5-2% dilution rate for topical application. Click here to learn more about using essential oils for kids.
Practice safe diffusing:
- Diffuse in an open, well-ventilated area.
- Keep children and pets out of the direct line of mist.
- Diffuse in 30-60 minute intervals with ample break periods for safe and effective use.
Your trust and confidence are very important to us. As part of our S.A.A.F.E. Promise™, Rocky Mountain Oils offers GC/MS (Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry) test results verified by a third-party, independent lab for every essential oil and essential oil blend in our catalog.
GC/MS tests verify the purity and quality of all Rocky Mountain Oils products, so you can be sure you're using the safest, highest-quality essential oils available on the market.
GC/MS Test: Click Here
For batch-specific GC/MS tests, click here.
Cardamom Essential Oil - 15ml FAQ
What is Cardamom Oil used for?
Cardamom Essential Oil uses include skincare, haircare, aromatherapy, diffuser blends, DIY products like soaps and candles, deodorizing room sprays, sanitizers, natural cleaning products, and more. Cardamom also supports the digestive system, improves circulation, supports mental focus, and provides relief from anxiety and depression.
How do you use Cardamom Oil for skin?
To use Cardamom Oil for skin, begin by diluting with a carrier oil such as Jojoba or Fractionated Coconut Oil. You can also add 1-3 drops of Cardamom Essential Oil to your regular daily moisturizer. Then, apply to the face using clean hands and gently massage in slow circles until the oil is absorbed. Cardamom helps tone, brighten, heal acne, and may reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
What are the benefits of Cardamom Oil for hair?
Cardamom Oil offers numerous benefits for hair. Thanks to its natural anti-inflammatory compounds and antioxidants, Cardamom helps balance the scalp, improves circulation, and stimulates the growth of new hair follicles. With consistent use, this may slow hair loss and result in new hair growth that’s thicker, shinier, and fuller. It can also control oil and dandruff while providing deeper hydration to eliminate frizzy flyaways.
What else should I put in Cardamom Essential Oil blends?
Is Cardamom safe for kids?
Cardamom is safe for kids ages 2 and up when diluted in a carrier oil to a .5-2% dilution rate. Always patch test before extensive topical use. To perform a patch test, apply a very small amount of diluted oil to your child’s inner arm, then wait 15 minutes to ensure that irritation or allergic reaction does not occur. If your child develops sensitivity, discontinue use immediately. Keep all essential oils out of reach of children. To learn more about kids and essential oils, click here.