Vetiver Essential Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides) is also commonly known as Ruh Khus, Khus, and Bunchgrass Essential Oil. It has an extremely deep earthy, woody, slightly sweet aroma presenting a base fragrance note. Vetiver is a highly viscous oil; warm it in your hand before use.
Included in perfumes and colognes with its slightly earthy yet cool scent, Vetiver Essential Oil is part of the Rocky Mountain Oils Energy and Sleep collections. Vetiver oil is often used in perfumery as a fixative.
Breathe in the scent before bedtime to help achieve a good night’s sleep, while inspiring feelings of relaxation.
In skin care applications, Vetiver Essential Oil may have a cooling effect while nourishing the skin. Apply topically before meditation for a grounding, calming effect.
The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Neither Rocky Mountain Oils nor its products are intended for the purpose of diagnosing, treating, curing or preventing any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.
Is your Vetiver thick? Many components play a part in the viscosity (thickness) of an oil. Thicker oils typically come from the resin or root of the tree. Some oils grow thicker and more potent as they age. Because essential oils are extracted from living plants that do not follow an exact chemical formula or an exact growing pattern, each batch of the same oil can vary as well.
If you’re having problems with your oils dropping from the bottle, here are some quick tips:
1. These droppers also work best when held horizontally (to the side) instead of vertically (upside down).
2. Warm the bottle by holding in hands, placing in a bowl of warm water (to prevent damaging the label put the bottle in a ziplock bag before placing in water)
3. Widen the holes on the orifice reducer with a sterile pin
4. Take the orifice reducer off of the bottle and use a pipette.
Grounding Mist Spray
Put in a 4 ounce, fine mist spray bottle. Shake well before every use. Mist room liberally when needed.
Apply with a carrier oil for topical application.
Click here for dilution rates.
Kids Safety: Safe to use topically with children 2 years of age and older. Dilute to a .5-2% dilution rate for topical application.
Practice safe diffusing:
- Diffuse in an open, well-ventilated area.
- Keep children out of the direct line of mist.
- Diffuse in 30-60 minute intervals with ample break periods for safe and effective use.