Makeup Brush Cleanser
Putting on makeup is a part of almost every girl’s morning routine. But how often are you cleaning your makeup brushes? Probably not enough. The makeup brushes you use every day can become a breeding ground for bacteria if they are not properly cleaned, which can lead to unwanted breakouts. Most dermatologists will tell you to wash your brushes at least once a week to avoid product buildup and bacteria growth.
Luckily, it is easy to wash your makeup brushes with the help of essential oils. This easy DIY Makeup Brush Cleanser will have your brushes fresh and clean in just a few simple steps!
DIY Makeup Cleanser
What You Need:
- 2 tbsp Fractionated Coconut Oil (FCO)
- 5 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 5 drops Grapefruit Essential Oil
- In a small bowl, combine coconut oil and essential oils.
- Swirl your makeup brush in the cleanser for about 30 seconds.
- Rub your makeup brush in a circular motion in the palm of your hand to help release product buildup.
- Rinse your makeup brush under warm water, and gently squeeze bristles until clean. Be sure to point the bristles downwards when running under water. Direct water contact may loosen the glue and shorten the life of your brushes.
- Air dry your makeup brushes on a towel for about 4 hours. Repeat once a week.