Random Acts of Kindness: 25 Ways to Spread Love and Light
“We are made kind by being kind.” — Eric Hoffer
We’ve all been taught from a young age to treat others the way we want to be treated: with kindness. Kindness comes in all shapes and sizes. Whether that kindness is shown through paying for another person’s coffee, volunteering, or even just smiling at a stranger on the bus, you’ll find that these small moments of empathy and compassion can make all the difference in your life, and in the lives of others.
Ready to go out and make your positive mark? See below for a list of 25 ideas for spreading kindness, love, and positivity in your community today.
25 Random Acts of Kindness
- Say “thank you” with meaning and warmth.
- Call a family member or friend just to check in.
- Pay for someone else’s coffee.
- Bring breakfast in bed to your partner.
- Offer to cook dinner for a friend who is struggling.
- Donate some items, money, or time to a charity.
- Compliment a stranger.
- Give a large tip to your server/barista/bartender.
- Hold the door open for someone.
- Bring a treat for your coworkers.
- Forgive someone.
- Write a kind note to someone and leave it for them to find.
- Give a shout-out to a coworker.
- Bake cookies and gift them to someone you know.
- Bring flowers to your mom, friend, or neighbor.
- Introduce yourself to someone you don’t know.
- If someone is new to town, invite them out with you and some friends.
- Write a positive review for a business that you like.
- Plant a tree.
- Leave money in a vending machine for someone else to use.
- Shovel snow or rake leaves for a neighbor.
- Apologize to someone you have wronged.
- Send a funny picture to someone to make them smile.
- Give someone a hug (but make sure to ask permission first).
And last but not least,
How Are You Spreading Kindness Today?
Remember: we are not without influence, and the actions we take each day have an effect on the world around us. So why not harness that energy and transform it into something more positive? We challenge you to make your mark on the world by filling it with positivity and light by completing at least one mindful act of kindness each day.
Will you join us?