3 Last Minute DIY Christmas Gifts
Try these Peppermint Oil DIY Gifts and give your loved ones something special this Christmas!
Simple and easy to make, these DIY Essential Oil Gifts will have you wanting to skip the craziness of Christmas shopping this season and enjoy making something your own!
Running behind on getting presents for everyone on your list? Well, don't worry, because the best gifts come from the heart (and the hands)! Skip the shopping and give your loved ones and friends something heartfelt and handmade. Enjoy making these DIY Essential Oil Christmas gifts, and add a bit of your personal touch to every gift for your family and friends. Use the minty cool freshness of our Peppermint oil to create a festive vibe for the holidays and make this Christmas the best one yet with these 3 Last Minute DIY Christmas Gifts!
3 Easy DIY Christmas Gifts
DIY Peppermint Lip Scrub
Bring the Christmas spirit to the table with this sweet yet minty DIY Peppermint Lip Scrub! Enjoy the fragrance of Peppermint and the sweetness of Candy Canes, and leave your lips feeling softer and smoother than ever!
- 3 tablespoons sugar or brown sugar
- Peppermint candies or candy canes
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 2 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 2 oz glass jar
- Place several peppermint candies or candy canes in a food processor, then pulse until finely ground. The candies should be roughly the consistency of sugar.
- Mix all ingredients together and transfer sugar lip scrub to a 2 oz. Glass Salve Jar. If you prefer, you can use brown sugar.
- To use, place a small amount onto a fingertip and rub on lips with finger for about 1-2 minutes.
- Then, rinse off sugar lip scrub with water. It is good to follow up with a coat of lip balm or virgin coconut oil for extra moisture.
DIY Peppermint Bath Salts
You know what they say; beauty is in the packaging! Sweeten up your DIY homemade gifts with a touch of Christmas spirit for the holidays and add a bit of décor to your gift packaging.
- 2 cup Epsom salt
- 2 tablespoon baking soda
- Peppermint essential oil
- Red food coloring
- Jar with lid
- 2 bowls
- Bow (optional)
- In your first bowl, mix 1 cup Epsom salt and 1 tablespoon baking soda.
- Add 4 drops of peppermint essential oil to the bowl and mix well.
- In the second bowl, mix an additional 1 cup Epsom salt, 1 tablespoon baking soda, and 4 drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Pick one of your bowls and add 9 drops of red food coloring to it, and mix well.
- Tilt the jar to the side and start adding the white peppermint bath salts to the jar. Add the salt so that it creates a flat diagonal design.
- After that, add the bath salts in the red bowl to the same jar in a similar flat diagonal fashion.
- Add the red and white salts alternately to the jar by spooning the salt in to create a candy cane-like design and pattern.
- Press down occasionally with your spoon.
- Continue until all of your bath salts are in the jar.
- Add your lid and tie on a gift tag with a ribbon.
- Store or use as decoration for up to 3 months.
- Use about 1/2 cup to 1 full cup in each hot bath for a wonderful and relaxing experience.
DIY Peppermint Reed Diffuser
While normal diffusers are certainly great, they can sometimes be quite bulky or clash with your color scheme or design décor. Try out this DIY Peppermint Reed Diffuser and customize the perfect decorative diffuser to match your friends and family’s homes. Create your own blend or try out this blend with these holiday scents for Christmas!
- A glass container with a narrow opening (can be a decorative choice)
- 5 drops of Peppermint essential oil
- 1/4 cup of Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 5 drops of Bergamot FCF essential oil
- 5 drops of Cypress essential oil
- 2 tablespoons of alcohol
- 5-7 reeds
- Combine all oils and alcohol in the glass container and mix well
- Add 5-7 reed sticks to glass container
- Flip sticks every few days to refresh scent
- Rinse and refill with any blend of your choice if oil finishes
Try these Last Minute DIY Christmas Gifts and give your friends and family something to forever remember you by.