Grapefruit Essential Oil Uses
Grapefruit oil (Citrus Paradisi) is energetic, tangy, and uplifting. You feel like you can do anything. One of the best mood pick-me-ups you can find.
Combines Well With
Lemon, Palmarosa, Bergamot, Neroli, Rosemary, Cypress, Lavender, Geranium, Peppermint, Cardamom, Clove Bud, Ginger Root, Lime, Tangerine, Orange, Jasmine, Ylang Ylang, Cinnamon Bark, Nutmeg
Ways to Use It
- There are two kinds -- white and pink -- of Grapefruit. Both have the same properties. The difference is the pink has a slightly sweeter scent to it.
- Useful in skin care for oily skin.
- Diffuse with a drop or two of Peppermint to clear air in a room
*Please note: With any recipe's involving bath or massage blends, always test on a small part of your skin first before using all over your body. Please be sure your skin can handle the blend before being covered in it.
Citrus Air Freshener
- 50 drops Lime
- 50 drops Grapefruit
- 10 drops Orange
- 10 drops Patchouli
- 4 ounces purified water
Fill a 4 ounce mist spray bottle. Shake well before using every time. Spray the mist into air. Keep mist as fine a spray as you can.
Refreshing Aroma Lamp
Add with a small amount of purified water to a small porcelain, marble, ceramic or glass container. Heat with a candle. (Can also be used on an electric candle warmer.) Inhale the vapors deeply for best results.
Get Ready for Exams and Interviews
- 24 drops Grapefruit
- 15 drops Basil
- 15 drops Bergamot
- 6 drops Lavender
Mix together and store in a dark, glass bottle. Use 6 drops in your bath before you go to interview or exam. Or put 3 drops on a wet washcloth and rub all over your body in the shower. Inhale aroma deeply so you get full effect.
Communication Enhancement Massage Blend
- 6 drops Grapefruit
- 5 drops Spruce
- 4 drops Patchouli
- 1 tablespoon F.C.O.
Massage formula into the upper chest, back of neck, and shoulders. For best results, massage for 30 minutes.
Here is what our RMO family members are saying about it on Facebook:
- "It's raining here so I am diffusing Grapefruit and Peppermint together. To freshen the air and cheer everyone up."
- "Put it in the air purifier, in a mixture of other citrus oils and water for a cleaner, or in bath water."
- "Lemon, Grapefruit & Lime for energy, and a dash of Peppermint to help us inhale it more deeply."
- "I diffuse it in my car by itself and in my house with a touch of Peppermint. Especially when I'm craving chocolate!"
- "I use it in my dishwasher."
- "I use it in my homemade: Soap, deodorant, foot spray, body lotion. Then, swamp cooler and diffuser. It is one of my favorites and I use it almost every day."
Grapefruit oil is a delight to use. What do you like to do with it? Which recipe do you want to try first? Please tell us in the comment section at the bottom of the page. We'd love to hear. Disclaimer: Rocky Mountain Oils is not liable for any damage caused by use of these recipes. Each recipe was tested by employees of RMO and did not cause damage to home or person, but we still implore our customers to use caution before trying a recipe in their home. Test recipes on small areas before applying them to the entire surface and do not apply recipes to areas that are potentially sensitive (i.e. priceless Victorian tubs, Baby Grand pianos, etc.).