10 Essential Oils For Beginners
The knowledge and use of essential oils is becoming increasingly popular, but for those who are just starting out, trying to incorporate essential oils into your lifestyle can seem overwhelming or confusing. There are so many oils out there. How do you know which ones are best to start with? What sort of benefits does each oil offer? What are the best ways to use essential oils?
These questions and more often fill the minds of those who are essential oil beginners. But don't worry. If you find yourself asking these questions, we've got the answers for you to help you not only become familiar with essential oils and their benefits, but to also feel comfortable using them.
To get started, here are 10 essential oils that we believe are best for beginners.
1. Tea Tree
Tea Tree oil is probably one that you are familiar with, or at least recognize the name. That's because this particular oil has a variety of wonderful benefits raging from skin care to cleaning. Here are just some of the many uses for Tea Tree oil:
- Skin Care: Tea Tree is great for closing up pores, improving oil skin, moisturizing skin and restoring your natural balance, promoting clear skin, reducing red or itchy skin, and more.
- Hair Care: Tea Tree can help reduce a dry and flaky scalp, as well as repel and kill head lice.
- Household Cleaner: As an antimicrobial, Tea Tree is a great addition to household cleaners or laundry detergent.
- Immune Support: Tea Tree has antibacterial properties that make it great for promoting health and proper wound healing.
Lavender is probably another oil you are familiar with, and that is because Lavender is sort of the all-around, go-to solution for just about any problem. Check out just a few of the amazing benefits Lavender oil has to offer:
- Sleep Aid: Lavender's powerful and floral aroma can be very soothing. It helps relax the mind and body to promote better sleep.
- Stress Reducer: Lavender's calming benefits help reduce feelings of stress or anxiety, which can also help reduce feelings of overall physical tension.
- Hair Care: Adding Lavender oil to your shampoo or a homemade hair spray can help promote hair growth, a healthy scalp, natural shine, and more.
- Anti-Inflammatory: With its anti-inflammatory properties, Lavender oil is great for promoting clear skin, soothing irritated or sunburned skin, reducing itching and swelling in bug bites, and more.
Lemon is one of those wonderfully bright and uplifting oils that everyone should have in their collection. This delightful citrus oil offers many benefits, including:
- Air Freshener: Get rid of odors from stinky trash, smelly clothes, and other things by creating a room mist with Lemon oil.
- Household Cleaning: Lemon oil has antibacterial properties, which makes it great for cleaning surfaces around the home. Lemon is also great for removing sticky residue.
- Mood Enhancer: If you are feeling low in spirits or energy, Lemon oil can help improve your mood, boost your energy, and reduce feelings of stress or anxiety.
- Digestion Aid: Lemon oil is great for calming a variety of stomach issues, including nausea, constipation, and bloating.
- Skin Care: Lemon oil is a natural skin care product. It supports clearer skin, promotes your natural glow, nourishes dry skin, and more. Plus, its antioxidant properties help fight off free radicals, which are known to cause premature signs of aging.
4. At Peace
At Peace is an RMO signature blend of relaxing, warm, and sweet essential oils that is designed to help you feel, well, more at peace. We know life can be hectic, and this blend provides many benefits that can help you enjoy every day.
- Mood Enhancer: With several citrus oils, At Peace makes it easy to naturally uplift your mood and encourage positive feelings.
- Stress Reducer: At Peace contains a blend of several oils that help calm the mind by easing feelings of frustration or fear. If you feel stressed or overwhelmed, At Peace can help you stay calm and centered.
- Air Freshener: At Peace can be a great air freshen that not only provides a pleasant aroma but also can help enhance meditation.
Frankincense is a well-known and revered essential oil that many people have used for thousands of years. It provides a host of benefits, including:
- Skin Care: Frankincense oil is famous for promoting healthy, youthful skin. It can help reduce wrinkles, stretch marks, and scars.
- Grounding Emotions: When you feel like your emotions might be a little unbalanced, Frankincense can help ground everything out while also uplifting your mood.
- Antibacterial: Frankincense is great for promoting proper healing with cuts, scrapes, and acne.
- Immune Support: Frankincense oil is an antiseptic, disinfectant, and immunostimulant. As a result, Frankincense has a reputation of promoting proper immune function to reduce your risk of various bacterial, viral, and other conditions.
Peppermint oil is probably another one of those you may be more familiar with. This crisp, minty oil not only offers a refreshing aroma, but also many health benefits! Some of those benefits include:
- Energy Boost: Peppermint oil's sharp aroma is known to invigorate the mind and boost energy. This is great for when you wake up in the morning, need an afternoon pick-me-up, and an energy boost before the gym.
- Cooling: Peppermint is well-known to provide a cooling effect when applied to the skin. This can help keep body temperature down when you feel overheated.
- Soothes Aches and Pains: Rubbing Peppermint on the skin with a carrier oil can help soothe muscles that are sore from illness or working out. Peppermint is also great for reducing headaches.
- Insect Repellent: Keep bugs out of your house and away from your garden with Peppermint oil. Simply spray around your garden, doorways, and windows.
We recommend adding a second citrus to your beginner's collection of essential oils, and Orange is the winner. This sweet, bright oil provides a host of benefits, including:
- Sleep Aid: While Orange oil can be invigorating to some, it can help toddlers and young children get a good night's rest. It can also help you relax after a long day.
- Mood Boost: Orange oil promotes positive feelings and a generally happier mood. Simply inhaling Orange's aroma can change your feelings from sad to joyful.
- Household Cleaner: Orange oil is especially great at removing grease, as well as providing powerful cleaning properties for surfaces around the house.
- Digestive Health: If you experience gas, bloating, indigestion, or irregularity, Orange oil may help. Orange is a carminative, which can help remove digest discomfort.
8. Immune Strength
Keep germs away from you and your family with Immune Strength. This proprietary blend features several immune-boosting essential oils to keep you healthy. Here are just a few of Immune Strength's many benefits:
- Household Cleaner: Immune Strength's antibacterial and additional properties make it an excellent household cleaner that can help keep germs away. Use as a spray to clean surfaces and the air around you.
- Calm Feelings: The oils in the Immune Strength blend are great for promoting feelings of calmness and comfort, especially when you may feel stressed or overwhelmed.
- Open Airways: Immune Strength contains several strong and deep essential oil that can help open up your airway and promote deeper, fuller breathing.
Rosemary is perhaps a more unfamiliar essential oil, but it is one that offers a lot of different benefits. See just some of the ways that this woody, herbaceous oil can improve your health:
- Brain Booster: Rosemary oil is excellent for awakening your mind, improving concentration, and enhancing memory.
- Hair Care: Adding Rosemary oil to your shampoo can help stimulate hair growth and promote a healthy scalp.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Rosemary oil has great anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce swelling and any pain or stiffness associated with it. Using Rosemary oil is great for both external and internal inflammation, both muscles and joints.
- Skin Care: When added to moisturizer or cream, Rosemary oil can help improve your skin elasticity and hydration. Its antimicrobial properties can also help reduce acne and skin conditions.
Eucalyptus is a popular and wonderful essential oil that is a must-have for any essential oil beginner. Its strong, menthol-like aroma and the oil itself offer a wide variety of benefits, including:
- Clear Airways and Congestion: Because of its menthol-like aroma, Eucalyptus oil is great at clearing nasal passages and reducing congestion when you feel stuffed up.
- Immune Support: Eucalyptus is great at stimulating your natural immune system response, helping to keep your body healthy.
- Antiseptic and Antimicrobial: Eucalyptus oil has strong antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that can help promote proper healing of wounds, cuts, and insect bites.
These 10 essential oils offer a host of benefits that can help you and your family live healthy, happy lives. So go ahead and give these oils a try! We promise you will love them!