Tips & Treats For Your 4th Of July Celebration
Fireworks, freedom, food, family...what more could you ask for to celebrate our nation's independence?
How about some fun DIY crafts, essential oil tips and recipes, and delicious dishes for your patriotic dinner? These fun tips, tricks, and treats will help you get ready to celebrate the 4th of July and create a magical day for everyone in the family!
Essential Oils for the 4th of July
Stars & Stripes Diffuser Blend
Welcome in your festivities with this summery blend that will get you in the celebratory mood!
Are you planning a BBQ with your family and friends this 4th of July? Keep your outdoor dinner mosquito-free with the help of essential oils! Simply diffuse mosquito-repelling oils around the sitting area, create your own bug spray, or add some bug-repelling oils to your aromatherapy jewelry.
7 Essential Oils To Repel Mosquitoes:
Want to make your own natural bug spray? Get the recipe here!
Patriotic Crafts For The Kiddos
Show off your red, white, and blue pride with these fun and easy DIY crafts that you and the kids will enjoy!
Red, White, and Blue Windsock
Easy to make and easy on the wallet, this patriotic windsock is the perfect festive decoration for your front porch. Plus, you can recycle your empty toilet paper rolls!
- Empty Toilet Paper Roll
- Blue Paint
- Paint Brush
- White Stars (stickers, or cut out of paper)
- Red and White Tissue Paper
- Glue Stick or Stapler
- Twine or Colored String
- Hole Puncher
- Paint your toilet paper roll with the blue paint.
- While the paint dries, cut your red and white tissue paper into strips.
- Once the paint is dry, glue or staple the white stars onto the toilet paper roll.
- On one end of the toilet paper roll, attach the red and white strips of tissue paper on the inside of the toilet paper roll with glue or a stapler. You can put your strips in whatever pattern you want!
- Cut your twine or string however long you want it. Remember that your string will need to be about twice as long as the desired length at which you want to hang your windsock.
- Use the hole puncher to punch two holes on opposite sides of the toilet paper roll, the opposite end from where you attached the tissue paper.
- Thread your twine or string through the holes and tie the ends together, creating a handle for your windsock.
- Hang, and show your patriotic pride!
Make some fun and festive bracelets that the kids can wear all day long!
- Plastic Ebony Beads in Red, White, and Blue
- Pipe Cleaner, String, or Elastic
- Cut a piece of string or elastic to the size of your wrist, leaving some extra room on the ends to tie together. If you are using a pipe cleaner, you don't need to cut anything.
- Tie a knot at one end of the pipe cleaner, string, or elastic. Make sure the knot is big enough that the beads won't slip over it.
- Thread the beads in whatever pattern you want!
- When you have your beads done, wrap the string around your wrist. Tie the ends of the string or elastic together so that the bracelet fits around your wrist. Cut off any excess string or beads.
- If you used a pipe cleaner, wrap it around your wrist and twist the ends together. Instead of clipping the ends, you can tuck them into the beads.
Pro Tip: Want to step up your bracelet-making game? Use lava beads instead of plastic beads, and add essential oils to help your kids stay happy through the day's festivities. Don't mix plastic beads with essential oils, though, as the oil can erode the plastic. Be sure to also use oils that are diluted and safe for kids.
The 4th of July is famous for its patriotic parades. Give your kids a fun wand to wave around and show their patriotism as they watch the floats, soldiers, and cars go by!
- Wooden Dowels
- Adhesive Foam Glitter Sheets or Construction Paper
- Patriotic Ribbons
- Star-Shaped Template or Cookie Cutter
- Craft Glue
- Using the star-shaped template or cookie cutter as a guide, trace and cut stars from the foam sheets or construction paper. You will need two stars for each parade wand.
- Cut several pieces of ribbon for each want, each about 3-4 inches long.
- Put a small amount of glue on the back of one star, and place one end of each piece of ribbon on the glue. Let the glue dry.
- Add some more glue to the back of the same star, and attach the dowel. Let the glue dry.
- Put some glue on the back of the second star, and place it over the first star. Press firmly together for a couple of minutes to make sure the glue holds, and the dowel and ribbons are in place.
Pro Tip: Embellish your wand with smaller stars inside of the bigger ones, or with glitter! Or, mix things up by using a cutout of a flag or the letters "USA" instead of stars.
Tasty 4th of July Dishes
Let freedom — and the dinner bell — ring with these tasty and patriotic dishes! Whether you're out barbecuing with friends and neighbors, or having a fancy family feast, we wanted to share some of our favorite dishes with you! Enjoy!
Our founders, Michael and Phoenix, enjoy a tasty pancake breakfast with their kids on the 4th of July. This simple breakfast is easy to turn into a patriotic meal! Try these different tips to add some festive flair to your pancake breakfast:
- Top your pancakes with red fruit, blueberries, and a dollop of cream.
- Dye your pancake batter with red and blue food coloring, leaving some without dye. Stack your pancakes in a red, white, and blue pattern.
- Pour your pancake batter into star shapes.
Our marketing manager, Nyah, always makes a fruit flag as part of her 4th of July celebrations. This quick and easy dish is both healthy and delicious. Make it yourself, and enjoy the "fruits" of freedom!
What You Need:
- Sliced Strawberries
- Sliced Bananas
- On a baking sheet, place your blueberries in the top left corner, representing the stars on the American flag.
- For the stripes, alternate rows of sliced strawberries and bananas.
- Serve and enjoy plain, or with your favorite fruit dip!
May you have a fun, safe, and fun Independence Day celebration! From our family to yours.