6 Tangerine Essential Oil Recipes
Looking for ideas on what to do with Tangerine Essential Oil?
Here are 6 recipes for different ways you can incorporate tangerine essential oil into your daily routine; including air freshener, bath blends & skincare.
Tangerines are lovely, small oranges, most often associated with mandarin oranges. They have a light, sweet taste, and Tangerine essential oil (Citrus reticulata) takes that and concentrates it into a bright, sweet aroma.
About Tangerine Essential Oil
- Very similar properties to Orange and can be used interchangeably.
- It is great for diffusing or spritzing rooms, freshens the air.
- It can help boost energy.
- Mix with any citrus oils for a nice burst of citrus scent.
- Great to use during the cold winter months to alleviate the "blues."
- Cleans surfaces throughout your house
Combines Well With
Orange, Lime, Red Mandarin, Bergamot, Lemon, Grapefruit, Neroli, Sandalwood, Lavender, Petitgrain Bigarade, Melissa, Ylang Ylang, Juniper Berry, Geranium, Rosewood, Cypress, Cinnamon Bark, Nutmeg, Clove Bud, Cedarwood, Marjoram, Tea Tree, Peppermint, Ravintsara
How to Use
- Put 1 drop each of Lavender and Tangerine on a handkerchief or cotton ball and put in your pillowcase for a restful night's sleep.
- Put a few drops down a drain to help clean out grease and clear out bad smells.
- Mix with spice oils and diffuse or spritz a room to give a festive feeling.
- For temporary feelings of anger or frustration, diffuse Tangerine or place on a cotton ball and let the aroma fill the room. (The cotton ball is great to use in the car, too!)
Here are a few recipes that utilize Tangerine oil which include air freshener, bath blend, and more. *Please note: With any recipes involving bath or massage blends, always test on a small part of your skin first before using it all over your body. Please be sure your skin can handle the blend before being covered in it.
Citrus Air Freshener
- 50 drops Tangerine
- 35 drops Lemon
- 20 drops Grapefruit
- 15 drops Cedarwood
- 4 ounces purified water
Fill a 4-ounce mist spray bottle. Shake well before using every time. Spray the mist into the air. Keep mist as fine a spray as you can. This is the perfect DIY air freshener to bright your mood and day!
Romance Aroma Lamp
- 7 drops Sandalwood
- 7 drops Ylang Ylang
- 6 drops Tangerine
Add a small amount of purified water to a small porcelain, marble, ceramic, or glass container. Heat with a candle. (Can also be used on an electric candle warmer.) Inhale the vapors deeply for best results.
Calming Bath Blend
- 4 drops Sweet Marjoram
- 4 drops Cedarwood
- 3 drops Melissa or 10 drops of Blend of Melissa
- 2 drops Grapefruit
- 2 drops Tangerine
- 1 teaspoon F.C.O. (f Coconut Oil)
- Epsom Salt (optional)
Close the window and door to prevent oil vapors from escaping as you prepare your bath. Fill the bathtub with warm/hot water. Dissolve 1 cup of Epsom salt in the bathwater to soften your skin and remove impurities. Then dilute the essential oils in the F.C.O. Pour blend into the water. Swirl the water to disperse the oil evenly. Enter the bath immediately since essential oils evaporate quickly. Relax and enjoy the bath for at least 20 minutes.
Relaxing Bath Blend
- 3 drops Roman Chamomile
- 2 drops Geranium
- 3 drops Lavender
- 2 drops Tangerine
- 2 ounces of F.C.O.
Mix and store in a dark glass bottle. Use 2 teaspoons of blend in a warm bath.
Oily Skin Toner
Mix the above ingredients. Add enough pure water to make 8 ounces. Use this to splash on your face after cleansing and before moisturizing.
Oily Skin Care Moisturizer
- 10 drops Tangerine
- 10 drops Lemon
- 10 drops Ylang Ylang
- 2 tablespoons Jojoba
Combine all ingredients. Before using, wash skin thoroughly, then massage a portion of the formula. Use daily to rejuvenate your skin.
Here is what our RMO family is saying about it on Facebook:
- "I love all the citrus oils, but I keep Tangerine with me in a small vial for a quick emotional &/or physical pick me up anytime."
- "I use Tangerine the same way I would use Orange. I diffuse it to help clean up the air in a room. Eliminate stuffiness."
- "I use it in my dishwasher to cut through grease."
- "I use it to get sticky labels off of my books and gum off of my carpet."
Please share! Tell us in the comment section at the bottom of the page what your favorite uses of Tangerine essential oil are. Disclaimer: Rocky Mountain Oils is not liable for any damage caused by the use of these recipes. Each recipe is tested by employees of RMO and did not cause damage to home or person, but we still implore our customers to use caution before trying a recipe in their home. Test recipes on small areas before applying them to the entire surface, and do not apply them to potentially sensitive areas.