Celery Seed Essential Oil
Feel natural relief from aches and pains with Celery Seed Essential Oil. Steam distilled from the seeds of the Apium graveolens plant, Celery Seed Oil is rich in amino acids and antioxidant compounds like limonene that offer numerous health benefits. Celery Seed Essential Oil has a warm, grounding aroma that’s herbaceous and slightly spicy.
In recent years, celery has become a popular ingredient in natural medicine thanks to its ability to detoxify, help lower blood pressure, support digestive health, reduce chronic inflammation, and more. By using Celery Seed Essential Oil, you and your family can experience these same benefits in their purest, most concentrated form.
Dilute Celery Seed Essential Oil in a carrier oil, then apply topically as a rejuvenating face toner, moisturizing scalp serum, deep massage oil, or a natural balm to relieve stomach aches and promote post-workout recovery. You can also diffuse Celery Seed Essential Oil or gently inhale to relieve stress, lift brain fog, and increase your focus and mental clarity.
Like all Rocky Mountain Oils, this Celery Seed Essential Oil has been laboratory GC/MS tested by a third-party to guarantee its purity, safety, and quality. It’s perfect for diffuser blends, soap making, household cleaners, and more.
Benefits & Features
Celery Seed Essential Oil Uses
- Dilute Celery Seed Essential Oil with a carrier oil, then apply topically to sore muscles and stiff joints for relief from inflammation. Use after a workout to reduce recovery time and promote healthy muscle development.
- Add to a DIY room spray, diffuser, or aromatherapy jewelry to feel more relaxed and help lower blood pressure. Also supports respiratory health and better breathing.
- Make a Celery Seed Massage Oil, then rub into the soles of the feet to absorb the medicinal benefits of this essential oil. Celery Seed Oil helps support liver function to help the body naturally clear more toxins.
- Apply to the abdomen for relief from menstrual cramps, stomachaches, gas, bloating, and other digestive issues.
- Use in skincare and homemade natural beauty products to reduce puffiness, fade red spots and scars, prevent breakouts, and exfoliate dry, dull skin.
- Add 2-3 drops to your shampoo or conditioner to stimulate new hair growth.
- Can be used with a carrier oil as a first-aid balm to help prevent infections and heal bug bites, abrasions, and other skin irritations.
Celery Seed Essential Oil Recipes
Celery Seed Post-Workout Recovery Massage Oil
Feeling sore after an intense workout? Let the natural anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties of Celery Seed Essential Oil soothe your aches and shorten your recovery time.
- 5 drops Celery Seed Essential Oil
- 2.5mL Jojoba Oil or Fractionated Coconut Oil
Instructions: Blend oils together in a small glass jar or bowl, then warm between your hands and apply to the affected area. Apply gentle, firm pressure and massage in slow circles for relief.
Safety / Purity
Due to the limonene content of Celery Seed Essential Oil, we recommend storing this product in an airtight container in a cool, dark place to avoid the chance of oxidation.
Always dilute in a carrier oil and patch test before topical use, as skin sensitivity may occur. Keep out of reach of children.
Practice safe diffusing:
- Diffuse in an open, well-ventilated area.
- Keep children and pets out of the direct line of mist.
- Diffuse in 30-60 minute intervals with ample break periods for safe and effective use.
Your trust and confidence are very important to us. As part of our S.A.A.F.E. Promise™, Rocky Mountain Oils offers GC/MS (Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry) test results verified by a third-party, independent lab for every essential oil and essential oil blend in our catalog.
GC/MS tests verify the purity and quality of all Rocky Mountain Oils products, so you can be sure you're using the safest, highest-quality essential oils available on the market.
GC/MS Test: Click Here
For batch-specific GC/MS tests, click here.
Celery Seed Essential Oil FAQ
What is Celery Seed Essential Oil used for?
Celery Seed Essential Oil uses include skincare, haircare, muscle recovery after workouts, regulating blood pressure, digestive support for relief from symptoms like gas and bloating, relaxation, mental focus, aromatherapy, support for liver health and detoxification, support for respiratory health, immune support, aromatherapy and meditation, and more.
What are the Celery Seed Oil benefits for fitness and working out?
Celery Seed Essential Oil benefits fitness thanks to its natural analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, which may help reduce muscle soreness and promote faster recovery. Celery Seed Essential Oil also lowers anxiety, reducing distractions so you can focus on your workout and feel more motivated and energized. Try incorporating Celery Seed Oil into your pre-workout or post-workout routine.
Does Celery Seed Essential Oil lower blood pressure?
If you or someone in your family suffers from high blood pressure, also known as hypertension, Celery Seed Essential Oil may help. Research suggests that celery seeds may help lower and regulate blood pressure. Try diffusing Celery Seed Essential Oil, using it in a calming room spray, or adding a few drops to your favorite massage oil to experience greater relaxation and reduce hypertension.
Is Celery Seed Essential Oil good for detoxing?
Studies indicate that celery seeds may help protect the liver, the organ which is responsible for cleansing toxins from the body. However, it’s important to note that Celery Seed Essential Oil should never be ingested internally. Instead, the oil can be applied topically when diluted in a carrier oil and allowed to absorb through the skin.
Does Celery Seed Oil reduce inflammation?
Celery Seed Essential Oil is rich in amino acids and antioxidants which may reduce inflammation. Additionally, Celery Seed Essential Oil is known to have a calming effect on the central nervous system. Because stress and anxiety often cause inflammation to flare up or worsen, using Celery Seed Essential Oil for its holistic aromatherapy properties may also enhance its medicinal benefits.