Dill Seed Essential Oil
Feel calmer and experience natural relief from digestive issues with Dill Seed Essential Oil. With a rich, deep aroma that’s fresh, herbaceous, and slightly sweet, the essential oil of dill seed is an effective home remedy for many ailments.
When diluted in a carrier oil, Dill Seed Essential Oil for skin benefits include toning, brightening, exfoliating, and controlling breakouts. Dill Seed Essential Oil also stimulates the body’s ability to produce more Elastin, which helps plump skin and reduce signs of aging.
Try adding 2-3 drops of Dill Seed Essential Oil to your daily moisturizer to look and feel your best. Dill Seed Essential Oil also promotes scalp health, encouraging new hair growth that’s shinier and more voluminous. Blend Dill Seed Essential Oil with your favorite carrier oil or natural conditioner to make a hydrating hair mask.
Dill Seed Oil is also an excellent natural treatment for digestive issues. Diffusing the aroma of Dill Seed Essential Oil can reduce nausea, while applying topically can alleviate symptoms like stomach aches, menstrual cramps, bloating, and gas. Using Dill Seed Essential Oil may also help calm muscle cramps.
Benefits & Features
Dill Seed Essential Oil Uses
- Combine with a carrier oil and use Dill Seed Oil as a natural face serum to tone, brighten, and plump skin. May help reduce signs of aging, scarring, and control breakouts.
- Diffuse to promote respiratory health and easier breathing when congested. May also help reduce nausea. When diluted, Dill Seed Essential Oil can be applied directly to the skin for relief from stomach aches and menstrual cramps as well as gas and bloating.
- Use in a DIY all-purpose cleaner to sanitize surfaces and treat mold, fungus, and mildew.
- Add 2-3 drops to shampoo or conditioner for healthier hair. Helps relieve scalp irritation like itching and dandruff, while stimulating follicle growth to slow hair loss and add volume and shine.
- Use topically to help treat minor abrasions, insect bites, or other skin irritations.
Dill Seed Essential Oil Recipes
Dill Seed Toning Face Serum
Try this DIY face serum to reduce the appearance of redness, fine lines, and wrinkles using the elasticity-boosting benefits of Dill Seed Essential Oil alongside Frankincense Serrata and Lavender.
- 5-7 drops Dill Seed Essential Oil
- 5-7 drops Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil
- 5-7 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 oz. Jojoba Oil (or carrier oil of your choice)
Instructions: Add all essential oils into a small glass jar or bottle, then shake well to combine. With your fingertips or a cotton pad, apply a few drops of the serum to clean the skin and gently massage in slow circles until the oils have been absorbed. Allow the serum to absorb fully before applying daily moisturizer or makeup. Use 2-3 times a week, and store any left-over serum in a cool, dark place.
Safety / Purity
Keep out of reach of children. Possible skin sensitivity may occur, always dilute prior to topical application. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
Practice safe diffusing:
- Diffuse in an open, well-ventilated area.
- Keep children and pets out of the direct line of mist.
- Diffuse in 30-60 minute intervals with ample break periods for safe and effective use.
Your trust and confidence are very important to us. As part of our S.A.A.F.E. Promise™, Rocky Mountain Oils offers GC/MS (Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry) test results verified by a third-party, independent lab for every essential oil and essential oil blend in our catalog.
GC/MS tests verify the purity and quality of all Rocky Mountain Oils products, so you can be sure you're using the safest, highest-quality essential oils available on the market.
GC/MS Test: Click Here
For batch-specific GC/MS tests, click here.
Dill Seed Essential Oil FAQ
What is Dill Seed Essential Oil good for?
Dill Seed Essential Oil uses include disinfecting, sanitizing, deodorizing, treating mold and fungus, skincare (improves elasticity to reduce fine lines and signs of aging), wound care, digestive support including relief from gas and bloating, haircare, aromatherapy, and more.
What does Dill Seed Essential Oil smell like?
Dill Seed Oil has a rich, aromatic scent that’s fresh, sweet, herbaceous, and slightly earthy. Derived from the seeds of the Dill plant, which is also a popular herb for seasoning, many people who diffuse Dill Seed Essential Oil are also reminded of fresh, pleasant cooking aromas.
What is the difference between Dill and Dill Seed?
Dill, also known as Dill Weed or Leaf Dill, and Dill Seed both come from the Anethum graveolens plant. Dill Seed is actually the seed fruit of the plant, while Dill Weed refers to the leaves and stems. Dill Seeds has a stronger, deeper aroma.
Is Dill Seed Oil safe to use on skin?
Dill Seed Essential Oil is safe to use topically on the skin when prediluted in a carrier oil. Learn more about dilution rates here. Thanks to its antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, Dill Seed Essential Oil is a great option for DIY wound care and skincare. When used on the face, it may also stimulate Elastin synthesis to help plump and firm.
What are the main components of Dill Seed Essential Oil?
Dill Seed Essential Oil contains many natural plant compounds that offer antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits, including carvone, limonene, phellandrene, and eugenol.